Monday, February 27, 2012

dream client :: tabitha's custom wedding piece


i'm just going to say it:: making custom orders can be a living nightmare.
but for the most part, they are an enjoyable and stimulating collaboration between artist and client.

the lovely tabitha here {pictured above} was definitely one of the most creative and fun clients i have ever had the pleasure of working with.

first off, the floral bouquet in her hair was what i constructed for her wedding. i had never done a piece in this color scheme nor arrangement before so i was a bit nervous but excited as well. tabitha knew almost exactly what she wanted from the get-go which is always such a relief. i get sooo scared when brides tell me to just do whatever or that they trust my sense of style. it's always nice to hear those compliments but the wave of pressure that washes over me when thinking about the pressure of their big day - yeesh!

i usually ask brides to send me photos or color schemes of their wedding bouquets or themes for the ceremony as well as figuring out what size arrangement they're envisioning or most comfortable with. this part is actually a lot of fun because some brides are just so darn creative. i once had a bride do an entire moodboard - she was incredible! i was so happy to have direction!

tabitha was also the same in that sense. she sent me the exact color scheme she was looking for in images as well as a picture of a bouquet arrangement that she was going for. it was glorious! i was so excited to stray from my usual pale pinks and creams and pump up the color!

her style is absolutely lovely and so much fun - so when she sent me these adorable pictures from her big day, i just had to share them!

i was so touched by what she had to say about her custom piece::

'{the headpiece} looked absolutely perfect and stayed that way all night, even with lots of crazy dancing... it was really pretty hard trying to organize the whole wedding from Vietnam and there were lots of little disappointments and compromises along the way, but when i received your headpiece, i opened the box and just said YES. it was the first part of the whole process where i felt unequivocally delighted, and then everything just felt so much better after that.'

this literally made me elated to hear that my handiwork could make someone's special day that much better. i can't think of anything more wonderful than hearing this from one of my lovely clients.

thank you so much, tabitha for allowing me to share this on my blog and a lifetime of happiness to you and your new husband.

if you are interested in a custom headpiece or want to learn more, feel free to contact me here.


3 comments:

  1. The headpiece is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait till my hair is longer so I can order one from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, carmen!! let me know when you want one!

      Delete
  2. I just found this through Tabitha's pinterest board. Check out more photos here! http://jodeska.blogspot.com/2012/02/nathan-tabitha-get-married.html

    ReplyDelete