Wednesday, May 16, 2012

chanel cruise 2013 :: meet a punk marie antoinette


wow. i must say that ever since chanel did that folksy runway complete with clog heels, braided buns and tattooed garters, they've definitely moved up a few pegs at least in my eyes. and that's saying something because even the thought of carrying a chanel bag makes me repulsed. why? you might wonder. well call me crazy but i believe that fashion should be about well-designed, conceptual pieces that almost represent a wearable piece of art - not a status symbol. bleh! that hideous quilt pattern, chain strap and rectangular shape makes me cringe just thinking about it. sorry if you're a big fan.

but back to what chanel is doing right. this cruise collection is insane. i ooohhh-ed and aaaahhh-ed over the images on fashion gone rogue yesterday. just the concept of a collection focused on marie antoinette as a punk goddess would make sofia coppola proud. it's so funky, fun and intricate. the images above were my favorites from the collection. i also love how they kept the vibe going with those pastel and metallic flatforms.

soooo much eye candy!

2 comments:

  1. This is amazing:) I love that most of the girls are wearing creepers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah thanks for sharing these photos- I've stopped looking at fashion images (though I'm in the industry ironically) but these blew me away. Although I'm not a huge fan of the latest collections this one really struck a chord in me particularly with the second to the last look (I'd totally wear that if Karl donated that to me :P)

    ReplyDelete