Monday, May 14, 2012

watercolor dreamin' :: study group comics


i absolutely love handmade comic books. i collect them like my lovable, yet crazy, grandma collects dead birds. i'll save that subject for another time...

so when i saw 'the blonde woman' by aidan koch my heart sped up. it's so lovely and quiet. i love when you can tell a story just through art, without saying anything. sure there's a bit of text scattered throughout but it's definitely the paintings within each frame that captivates you.

i scour comic book stores in chicago for good indies every now and then. i've been lucky enough to find some really amazing ones. for those days where i can't get to one though, i am so glad i found study group comics' site.






1 comment:

  1. Oh my god. This comic is incredible. I love the style and the way it's sort of soft and magical. I can't wait to look through the rest of that site! Thanks for sharing it!

    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete